Thursday, August 7, 2014

Carnage #2: The Story of Me by Lesley Jones


Carnage #2: The Story of Me Summary
When your world, your life and all of your hopes and dreams for the future are ripped out from under you, how do you go on?
Death without dying is not only the most painful kind of death, it's also the most painful kind of life and I don't know if I'm strong enough to live it.
I spend my lonely days and nights trying to make sense of what my life has become. Do I have the strength to move forward into the light, or should I just let the darkness take me?

I'm Georgia Rae Layton McCarthy and this is the story of me, just me. I'm no longer a part of an us, it's just me. Alone. By myself.


Review by Karen Lee
Carnage 2 picks up where the first book, Carnage: The Story of Us, left off. PLEASE, do not read the review if you haven’t read the first book. There will be a major spoiler that is the foundation of the second book that I don’t want to ruin for you. Feel free to read my review about the first book. I highly recommend it and now, you have been warned.
Georgia is trying to put her shattered life back together. Deciding that she needs to escape London after some tabloid lies are printed, she leaves for Australia, to stay with extended family. There, no one knows her as the widow of the amazingly talented rock star, who tragically dies saving her. No one knows the heart break she experienced losing Beau, and has the pity in their eyes when they look at her. Being away gives her time to focus on her wellbeing and getting her life back together. With the help of Jackson, her Aussie, did I forget to say HOT? cousin she slowly starts to deal with the emotions of loss and guilt. Why did she live and they die? Why not her? Surfing, swimming and working in her family’s restaurant helps to put her back together, along with meeting and trusting new friends. On her last night in Australia, it is the anniversary of the accident and her cousins ask her to go to a club opening with them. Georgia doesn’t want to go, she would rather stay in the room and cry, but they convince her to attend for a little while. She is able to get into the club, unnoticed by the photographers and has several shots and glasses of wine to settle her nerves. While looking out over the city lights of Sydney, she gets the brief scent of a very familiar cologne. While questioning her cousin about the fragrance he is wearing she hears, “….no Kitten, that would be me” wearing the cologne. Cameron King is in Sydney! Why now, of all nights does she see him again? Their lives are intersecting again, but so much has happened in the last 12 years. Is there a second chance at love and are they brave enough to tackle all the obstacles that lay in front of them to have a life together?
This series is in my top 5 books of all time. Yes, that good.  You ache for the life that was snatched away from Georgia and you crave for her to mentally and emotionally recover because this author makes you feel all of it. The emotions that Georgia is feeling seem incredibly realistic and Lesley Jones is able to deliver the heartbreak Georgia is experiencing in excruciating detail. Again, as with the last book, you feel what the characters are feeling. IT IS AGONIZING! You will cry again, but you will also smile and even laugh at some of the craziness in the Layton household. While I am #Team Sean, and honestly wasn’t that crazy about Cam in book one, he is amazing in this book. He is just perfect. I do love the rest of the Layton family, especially Marley and am looking forward to Marley’s story. I CANNOT WAIT!  5++++ stars






Lesley Jones Biography

I was born and raised in a small working class town in Essex, just outside of East London. I am married with three sons and in 2006 we all moved to the other side of the world, settling on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about 50K outside of Melbourne Australia. It's a whole new way of life for us down here, we are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
I am currently a stay at home mum but in the past I have worked at Marks & Spencer, as a classroom assistant/teachers aid and have run my business.
As well as writing, I love to read and have been known to get through four or five books a week. My other interests are watching my boys play football...The round ball version. I am happy to admit to being an addict of social media and I owe a lot to my Facebook and Twitter family in promoting my work. I am also rather partial to a glass... or bottle of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc being my favorite. Being a born and raised Essex girl, I will happily admit to be being a big fan of spray tans, Shellac and am regularly, waxed, tinted and sculpted, although I am more likely to be found in thongs/flipflops than a pair of white stilettos these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment