Friday, March 28, 2014

Interview with Kirsty Moseley, author of Enjoying the Chase


I (Lorna) have been a huge fan of Kirsty's books ever since I read THE BOY WHO SNEAKS IN MY BEDROOM WINDOW back in 2012. I still remember the first time I read it and have enjoyed reading all her books ever since, so finding myself here taking part in the release of ENJOYING THE CHASE is AMAZING! I have to keep pinching myself. ((Happy dancing)) Not only am I doing a review, I have an Author Interview as well. Oh and to top it all off, I am going to meet Kirsty at the Edinburgh Author Event on my birthday in July 2014! So yes to say I'm very excited is an understatement. I just want to thank Kirsty for agreeing to do this and promise to behave myself so here we go :-)

 

 

What made you decide that you wanted to publish your stories?

When I first started writing, I had no intention of ever publishing them, but after so many reads on Wattpad.com and so much encouraging feedback, I realised I had nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Which of your books was the hardest to write?

Nothing Left to Lose was the easiest and the hardest to write, if I’m honest. I loved writing it, but it was such an emotional journey for me. I really connected with the characters so when they cried, I cried. It was hard, but very very fulfilling too.

Do you have a favourite Character from any of your books?

Honestly, it’s a thin line between Ashton Taylor from Nothing Left to Lose, and Nate Peters from Enjoying the Chase. If I absolutely had to pick one, I’d have to say Nate. I love a guy that can make me laugh, so his character really appealed to me as I wrote him.  

If you could choose one of your books to be made into a film , which one would you choose?

Now this is a tough question. I would have thought I’d know the answer straight off, but I’ve actually had to think quite hard on this one! The answer is…. a story I’ve not yet published! It’s written, and it’s called Fighting To Be Free. It is a romance (of course) but also has a lot of action too. I fell in love with both the male and female leads in it. If I could have just one book as a film, it’d be that one.

We know your are attending the Edinburgh Author Event this July, is there a particular author you are a big fan of that you are looking forward to meeting?

Oh man ALL OF THEM! I’m going to go total fan-girl when I’m there. I’m unsure how I’m going to manage to sit in my seat long enough to sign any books. The list is long and I don’t even think I could choose one. I’ll be standing there, dithering, not knowing who to go to first!

What are you reading at the moment or what what was the last book you read?

The last book I read was called “Soul Screamers” by Rachel Vincent. I must admit, it’s a guilty pleasure of mine to read young adult fantasy from time to time!

What do you do to relax?

Relax? What is this word??? I’m kidding, though I wish I had more time recently. Life has been pretty crazy the last couple of years! My relaxing time is usually a long, hot bath with a book, or sitting in front of the TV watching The Voice (or some other reality show!) with a bar of chocolate. I’m a bit of a home bird, so staying in for the night with a book and a glass of Vodka and bitter lemon is perfection! 

From Amazon:

Kirsty Moseley has always been a passionate reader since she was a little girl, devouring books overnight, barely sleeping and paying for it at school the next day. Writing has come similarly to her and once she discovered Wattpad, she finally plucked up the courage to post one of her stories. Seven million reads later, she self-published her debut novel THE BOY WHO SNEAKS IN THE BEDROOM WINDOW, which later became one of 10 Finalists for the 2012 Goodreads' Choice Awards, Best YA Fiction. Shocked and overwhelmed by the response, she published her second novel ALWAYS YOU a few months later.
If she had to sum herself up in one word, it would probably be 'daydreamer' - but unlike most of her school teachers, she doesn't necessarily view that as a bad thing. After all, she read somewhere once that books are like waking dreams....
She lives in Norfolk, England with her husband and son.
Visit her website at http://www.kirstymoseley.com/ for more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment