Monday, March 17, 2014

Review of The Ice Seduction by SK Quinn


“I blink and look up. And up. Oh good god. The man towering over me … he’s a mountain – all broad shoulders, strong limbs and a firm jaw. And … he’s not wearing a shirt. His chest is toned, muscular and tanned, with streaks of mud over his abs and an eagle tattoo on his left collarbone. Fucking hell! Why the fuck is he walking around bare-chested like some kind of caveman? ‘What happened to your shirt?’ I stammer, then wince at my stupid, embarrassing question. Now he knows I’ve been gawping at his chest.”

I (Marissa) received a promotional copy of this book from the author. (Thanks Su!!)

As I said in my progress updates, I don't recall ever smiling so much as I read a book. Not really laughing or chuckling...just...the story made me smile. It made me happy. Seraphina is down-to-earth, stubborn, but not annoyingly so. Patrick is...yeah...hot! Arrogant-ish and confident without going uber-Alpha. The fact that we're first introduced to him without a shirt on definitely adds to his appeal. :)

Oh, and Bertie! Such a sweet boy! I'm not the type to ooh and ahh over kids in stories, but I just wanted to pick him up and hug him until he knew he was loved.

At first, the story reminded me of a grownup Secret Garden with a touch of Sound of Music. They mystery of a castle full of secrets...a mysterious off-limits tower, that sort of thing. Ooh, and I just wanted to slap the housekeeper in the face from the very beginning! And a few other characters as well.

It was a fantastic story! It kept me hooked from the beginning and didn't let me go until the last page. I can't see what happens next!

My only issues with it? The song "Master of the House" from Les Miserables kept popping into my head whenever I thought of Patrick...just because he called himself that, not to indicate that "there's not much there." :)



No comments:

Post a Comment