Series: Back-Up #3
Author: A.M. Madden
Release Date: June 12, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
You’ve read Back-up, you’ve read Front & Center, and you want an encore? Jack and Leila have had to deal with some devious nonsense in their lives. But now, life is real good. Find out what they’ve been up to. Travel into the future with Jack, Leila and all their friends. Put to rest your questions of “What happened to…” If you are looking for heartbreak, angst or drama, look elsewhere. Encore is meant to produce a long and breathy sigh. I hope you enjoyed the journey of these amazing people half as much as I enjoyed creating it. Happy Reading! xo AM
Reviewed by Karen Lee (spoiler free review)
Well, the gang is back again in the third installment of the Back-Up series. Encore picks up where Front and Center left off with Leila and Jack on their honeymoon. A.M. does a great job describing the beautiful, romantic setting and depicting the super-hot sex we have come to expect where Jack Lair is concerned. Upon returning from their trip, Leila fears she has come down with the flu. She cannot stop throwing up and Jack is getting concerned as it has been 3 days and it still hasn’t let up. Calling the doctor, Jack proceeds to explain Leila’s symptoms. While listening to the possible diagnosis, Jack gets a huge smile on his face.
Morning sickness is the diagnosis and yes, there is going to be a baby rocker in the Lair household! Again, A.M. does a splendid job detailing the highs and lows of pregnancy and how this pregnancy not only effects Leila and Jack’ relationship, but the entire band. We get several different viewpoints, Jack Leila, Evan, Lori and even Trey. The insight helps to build the secondary characters, which is just brilliant. Leila is into match making, wanting everyone in her band and Cliffhangers to find true love, similar to what she has with Jack. She is determined to learn why Trey is so closed-off emotionally. No one really knows that much about him, but with Leila’s persistence, she does start to crack that hard exterior. We start to learn more about bad boy Trey. You will laugh, smile and cry with the weddings, babies and new beginnings in this great read.
This book just makes me smile. Jack is still the hot rocker as in the first two books, but fatherhood and his devotion to his family are probably the new hottest things about him. I take that back, that smile is still number one ;) Great read, well written and edited, 5 stars. I am looking forward to learning more about Trey in the next book, Backstage. Knowing Trey and with that title, it is going to be hot!
About the Author
A.M. Madden 20 Fun Facts
- I am equal parts Jersey girl, Italian and hopeless romantic.
- I’ve been a romance novel junkie since teenage years. Forever, by fellow Jersey girl Judy Blume, was the first book I re-read over and over.
- I’m OCD. If I love one book in a series more than the others, I still have to read all three consecutively.
- I’m the only Italian I know who despises peppers.
- I’ve seen Springsteen in concert over 50 times.
- My top 3 book boyfriends are Jack Lair, Christian Grey, and Kellan Kyle.
- My celebrity crush has been George Clooney for years, but Jamie Dornan dethroned him. I am literally counting the day until FSOG is in theaters.
- My favorite movie is The Notebook. I predict FSOG will dethrone that.
- I have two teenage sons who are very supportive, but want no part of my books.
- My favorite sport is baseball, and my favorite team is the Yankees.
- I stalked Yankee shortstop Bucky Dent as a pre-teen when he moved to hometown.
- My dream is to take my husband and boys to Italy one day.
- One of the most exciting moments since becoming an author was when R.K. Lilley started following me on Twitter.
- My greatest accomplishments are my boys.
- I’m a great cook but an awful baker.
- Technology hates me.
- I am always thrilled whenever I see dolphins at the Jersey shore.
- My drink of choice is a Moscato Wine with frozen grapes.
- I wish I could sing.
- If I could have dinner with any 3 celebrities dead or alive, I would choose Bruce Springsteen, Ellen DeGeneres, and Elvis Presely.
Purchase Her Other Books Today
Set of signed paperbacks from A.M. Madden, All 3 ebooks of Back-Up Series, Back-Up series swag pack